- To enroll in the course, an individual must:
- Be 18 years of age or older (16 years with parent or guardian consent)
- Have completed the 2nd level Freediving course
- Have completed the Medical Form
- Have completed the Liability Release
The 3rd level course is an intermediate course which builds on the skills learnt in the 2nd level course. It is designed to cover the necessary skills and knowledge for a recreational freediver to be able to safely freedive with or without a guideline. The aim of the course is to develop the skills and knowledge necessary to independently plan and participate in freediving activities with similarly experienced freedive buddies. The course is also designed to develop new skills and a higher knowledge of safety procedures and techniques for freediving such as free falling, Frenzel equalizing, training tables, the risks of increasing and decreasing pressure and how to minimize these risks.
Students will train these skills in the most common disciplines of freediving; Static Apnea, Dynamic Apnea and Constant Weight.
The theory sessions will include:
• Physics –Dalton’s Law, Boyle’s law, Buoyancy applied to deep diving
• Physiology – The cardiovascular system, Hyperventilation, BO/SWBO, equalisation
• The lungs at depth
• Mammalian dive reflex
• Training concepts
• Planning diving sessions
• The Buddy system
OPEN WATER DIVE SESSIONS
After open water sessions the student freediver will be able to:
• Warm up for and perform a constant weight dive to a depth of at least 24m (Maximum 30m), equalizing using Frenzel technique and free falling, respecting buddy and safety procedures
• Effectively safety dive for a freediver attempting a constant weight dive, timing departure from the surface to meet the freediver at a depth of around 10m
• Descend to 10m, remove the mask and ascend with the mask in the hand to simulate the loss of a mask
• Tow an inert freediver to shore/boat a minimum distance of 50m
Student Equipment – mask, fins or monofin, snorkel, appropriate exposure protection, weightbelt, lanyard
- Sessions in confined water (swimming pool) : Static apnea , Dynamic Apnea.
- Training Techniques Open Water Sessions.
- Empowerment and Strength